I’ve worked in education for over 15 years and been a private tutor for two years, working mainly with undergraduates, postgraduates, and professionals, as well as GCSE and A’Level students. My main areas of specialism are law, business, management strategy and marketing. I can also provide tuition in dissertation/essay writing, revision and exam technique. I have a record of high achievement and student satisfaction.
I’m also a published writer in the area of future technologies.
Subjects I teach
• Postgraduate and undergraduate Law (contract, tort, land, criminal, public, business, immigration, family, equity & trusts, professional skills);
• Postgraduate and undergraduate Business, Management Strategy, and Marketing;
• A-Level and GCSE Business Studies (AQA),
• GCSE Religious Studies (Edexcel);
• Dissertation/essay writing, revision, and exam technique.
MA Theology (Merit), London University (Heythrop College), 2009
PGCE (Post 16), University of Greenwich, 2003
MBA (in Marketing), Southampton Business School, 1997
CIM Postgraduate Diploma (Marketing), 1998
LLB (Law and Politics) 2:1, University of Birmingham, 1994
My Approach to Private Tuition
I am a well-prepared tutor, and adopt a planned and practical approach to tutoring, with an ability to provide students with clear learning objectives, as well as assess and evaluate their progress. I can adapt to the student’s preferred learning style, and incorporate a range of interactive teaching strategies to promote student participation and independent thinking. I have excellent communication skills, with a strong values-driven ethos that is student-centred.
• “”Massimo breaks down complicated topics into easy chunks of information. He presents everything in a clear way and is able to provide a lot of helpful, insightful advice on exam technique whilst providing a deep understanding of the topics he teaches. Highly recommended!”
• “I love the way he teaches. It’s really inspiring, and the way he explains things is excellent”
• “Excellent teaching; a well organised, planned and practical approach to teaching.”
• “One of the most prepared and caring mentors we’ve had.”
My video Introduction
Alongside my tutoring work, I’m the creative director of a successful international film festival and the producer of two award-winning short films, to date.