Subjects I teach
11+ English and Mathematics
English Language and Literature, Drama and Biology up to A level
French, and Science up to GCSE
Personal Statement Writing
Undergraduate History and Religious Studies
Ancient Language Exam Preparation
CELTA Qualified Teacher with a 1st in the TEFL Course.
Nanny to a French family for 1 year: I tutored year 3 and year 5 Highgate Junior School students in Mathematics and English. Their English was marked ‘outstanding’ and 95/100. I also guided their Grade 2 and 3 music practice for which they all achieved distinctions.
Learning Support Assistant at UCL Academy in the Special Educational Needs Department: I tutor students with cerebral palsy, global delay, ADHD and dyslexia in English and History from year 7 to GCSE level. I also co-teach a year 7 English class.
A Sunday school teacher at St Helen’s Bishopsgate, I teach from passages of the Bible.
1) ‘My Camp Rock’ Disney Channel singing competition finalist as part of the duo ‘Abigail and Lucy’.
2) Stage Performer for Club de Fromage: Glastonbury Festival, Hammersmith Apollo, Butlins, London Riviera, Dreamland.
3) UCL Actress: Currently rehearsing for ‘Othello’ in Classical Hebrew as Desdemona, Mercutio in Classical Hebrew adaptation of ‘Romeo and Juliet’, Classical Hebrew ‘Purim Pantomime’ as Haman, ‘The Tragedie of Cleopatra’ as Cleopatra’s handaid, ‘The Church Con’, ‘Atonement’ as gang leader and organiser of Christian Union’s ‘Open Mic Night’.
4) Jerusalem Actress: Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ as Babette and ‘Hello Dolly’ as Ermengarde.
5) Birmingham Actress: Crescent Youth Theatre member for 4 years, ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ as Veruca Salt, ‘As You Like It’ as Phoebe, ‘Lorca Trilogy’ as Adele. The Alexandra Theatre in ‘Stage Experience”s ‘Oliver!’ as Bet.
UCL – MA Ancient History (graduating 2018 – 2:1 to date)
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults PASS
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate: 1st
UCL – 2:1 Hebrew and Jewish Studies BA Hons
A* English Literature A Level
B Drama and Theatre Studies
A* English Language
A English Literature
A Religious Studies
My Approach to Private Tuition
I strongly hold that before any progress can be made, the tutee must realise that they are not alone. Getting to know my tutees – what drives and inspires them when they are at their most relaxed – is integral to enabling them to become motivated learners. It is my role to be there to encourage each step of the way.
Additionally, I suggest that there are 5 stages (GRBFA – “grab f’the future”) in the learning process to make it thoroughly successful and enjoyable:
Goal – the student and I set the main goal, as ambitious and challenging as they wish.
Reason – The student and I underline the reason for wanting to achieve this goal and begin believing it.
Break up – The student and I then break this big goal down into smaller, easier and more rapidly achievable accomplishments.
Fun – the student and I approach each small accomplishment and make it fun and memorable using role-play, colours, music, brainstorms, rhymes and drama techniques.
Application – The student remembers the subject material covered during the fun activity and I place practice tests and questions before their eyes. I underline any areas of error and the student corrects themselves, with a little prompting from myself.
I encourage my students to have confidence in their own abilities and respect for their own ambitions. My tutees’ results are their own, but the battle is shared.
My video Introduction
I reached the final of a singing competition on the Disney Channel at the age of 15, lived in Jerusalem for a year and dug up a 2,000 year old priests’ palace, and slept in a cave in the middle of the dessert in Jordan.