I’ve tutored in some form or another for the last 10 years, from tutoring classmates to formal tutoring agencies, on a wide variety of subjects.
I now focus on my two best subjects to teach, chemistry and maths. I have tutored preparation for Oxbridge interviews, International Baccalaureate / AQA / Edexcel A-Levels, and AQA GCSE / IGCSE.
Subjects I teach
Chemistry to A-Level
Maths / Further Maths to A-Level
University of Oxford, Chemistry (Masters) – 1st class
– I came 1st in my year out of 180 undergraduates in first year
– I came top of Worcester College in all sciences for the overall degree
– I received a different award every year at the University level for outstanding academic achievement
King Edward’s School
– A levels in Maths (588/600), Further Maths (600/600) and Chemistry (592/600)
– AS levels in Physics (296/300) and French (300/300)
– 10 GCSEs taken, 10 A*s achieved
– Deputy head boy
– Head of Scientific Society
– Won over 40 school prizes, including the Chief Master’s award for outstanding academic achievement over my time there
My Passion And How I Inspire
I’m quite a friendly person, so try and instil that in my teaching and make the classroom a relaxed place to be. That said, I expect my students to want to be there and to try! I won’t do your work for you or just teach you how to answer a specific question, but to encourage you to understand why an answer is correct so you can answer any question that comes up. Hopefully you come out feeling much happier!
My video Introduction
I captained the university darts team to national victory!