My tuition approach, particularly for languages, is twofold:
1. To ensure that everything you learn is related to real world examples and current affairs rather than classic textbook vocabulary that you wouldn't actually ever use!
2. To use language as a means to learn about the culture, as learning more about a fascinating part of the world is a huge motivator
I have very broad experience in tutoring, from au pairing, mentoring at summer schools, to volunteering.
- A summer au pairing in Athens, Greece, teaching two children aged 8 and 10 English & Maths
- Two summers working at summer schools in Oxford, teaching international students aged 11-20 focusing on Oxford applications
- A year volunteering at a social enterprise in Cairo, Egypt teaching English to disadvantaged university students
- Two interview seasons at my Oxford college supporting students through the process
- A season as a mock Oxbridge interviewer for students applying to English, Modern Languages and Middle Eastern Languages
Ysgol Gyfun Gwynllyw
14 GCSEs (12 A*s), top grades in my year
Hereford Sixth Form College
A levels: History A, French A, Maths A, Art & Design B
University of Oxford (The Queen's College)
BA Arabic & Islamic Studies, 2:1
I'm originally from Wales and have a twin sister, so we use Welsh as our secret language!