Learning is a constructive process requiring active interaction between tutor and student. My approach to private tuition aims at fostering communication in an environment of mutual respect. To this aim, I highly value giving and receiving feedbacks to support achievement of full potential on both sides.
I am a PhD Researcher in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience and Graduate Teaching Assistant at Birkbeck, University of London. I have more than 5 years of experience teaching and tutoring undergraduate and postgraduate students with diverse educational backgrounds.
I am currently in charge of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students the following academic modules:
1) Introduction to Research Methods (Undergraduate);
2) Advanced Research Methods (Postgraduate);
3) Statistics (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
4) Data analysis packages – SPSS, MATLAB (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
5) EEG, ERP data analysis toolboxes – EEGLAB, Netstation (Undergraduate & Postgraduate); 6) Psychology (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
7) Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (Undergraduate & Postgraduate)
Given my academic position, I have a strong experience preparing and presenting talks to academic audiences.
PhD in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (Centre for Brain & Cognitive Development, Birkbeck, University of London, United Kingdom) – Current Position
Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education, Higher Education Academy (HEA), 2019.
Master of Science in Cognitive Neuroscience & Clinical Neuropsychology (University of Padova, Italy) 2013/2015 – Distinction
Bachelor of Science in Clinical Psychology (University of Bergamo, Italy), 2010/2013 – Distinction
Fellowships/memberships: I am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, an active Member of the International Society for Autism Research and the Cognitive Science Society.
I have a photo-gallery wall of the Limbic System in my bedroom!