My tuition approach sees me go out of my way to tailor each session to the individual student's needs. I have hundreds of hours of tutoring experience from GCSE up to degree level in numerical and scientific subjects. I have experience tutoring all the major exam boards in science and maths up to A-level, IB and BTEC.
I have helped multiple students gain offers from Oxbridge in engineering and support UCAS admissions for all other UK universities in engineering and numerical subjects. For students already at university, I have extensive experience in helping with exam preparation, course content, coursework, dissertation support and Matlab/C++ programming in all engineering subjects.
Additionally, I've helped professional clients with applications for consulting roles.
I am patient and friendly, with a highly technical background in both aeronautical engineering and industrial consulting. My background brings a certain real-world pragmatism to approaching problems and the individual needs of my students. I stop at nothing to help get the student the results they deserve.
The King's School, Chester:
- Chemistry - A Level A
- Physics - A Level A*
- Further Maths A Level A
- Mathematics - A Level A*
Trinity College, Cambridge:
- Aeronautical Engineering, MEng (Integrated )
- Member of the winning team of the national Founders4Schools `Appathon' Grand Prize for a smartphone app built over one weekend.
- Winner of the CAPE Acorn Part IIB Project Award sponsoring the pursuit of a Master's Project in collaboration with industry.
- Joint winner of the second year Accenture Computing Prize for the design of solar eclipse predictor software.
- Runner up in the Cambridge University Engineering Department EADS Astrium `Mars Lander Prize' for the most innovative solution to the exercise of simulating the entry, descent, and landing of a Mars lander.
- Highly commended (top 5) in the National Science and Engineering Competition Final for the design and construction of a Fibre Optic-Operated Robotic Finger.
- Awarded the Cambridge University Air Squadron Flying Trophy for the most accomplished student aviator.
- Trinity College Engineering Society President
I was a passenger in a small aircraft over London when the engine stopped due to fuel starvation. I've also had to be rescued by the fire brigade when the lift I was in broke down.