I have very broad experience in tutoring, from au pairing, mentoring at summer schools, to volunteering.
– A summer au pairing in Athens, Greece, teaching two children aged 8 and 10 English & Maths
– Two summers working at summer schools in Oxford, teaching international students aged 11-20 focusing on Oxford applications
– A year volunteering at a social enterprise in Cairo, Egypt teaching English to disadvantaged university students
– Two interview seasons at my Oxford college supporting students through the process
– A season as a mock Oxbridge interviewer for students applying to English, Modern Languages and Middle Eastern Languages
Subjects I teach
Arabic Beginners – Undergraduate
Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies
Ysgol Gyfun Gwynllyw
14 GCSEs (12 A*s), top grades in my year
Hereford Sixth Form College
A levels: History A, French A, Maths A, Art & Design B
University of Oxford (The Queen’s College)
BA Arabic & Islamic Studies, 2:1
My International Placements
I travelled to Athens, Greece to work as an au pair.
In my current role as a branding consultant I have travelled extensively for research, client meetings, conferences and workshops: Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, the Netherlands, Croatia, Poland, Russia, Turkey, USA, Mexico, UAE, Egypt and Lebanon.
My Approach to Private Tuition
My tuition approach, particularly for languages, is twofold:
1. To ensure that everything you learn is related to real world examples and current affairs rather than classic textbook vocabulary that you wouldn’t actually ever use!
2. To use language as a means to learn about the culture, as learning more about a fascinating part of the world is a huge motivator
My video Introduction
I’m originally from Wales and have a twin sister, so we use Welsh as our secret language!