Subjects I teach
French all levels
Essay writing assistance
I was a French assistant for a year in a school in the UK, teaching French from Year 7 – Year 11, including GCSE preparation
I have experience tutoring French to children and adults alike
I have tutored French Literature extensively in preparation to the French Baccalauréat
– MA Comparative Literature, Distinction, University College of London, 2006-2007
– Master 1, English Literature, Distinction, La Sorbonne, Paris IV, 2005-2006
– Licence, English Literature, La Sorbonne, Paris IV, 2004-2005
– Classe Préparatoire Hypokhâgne/Khâgne, Lycée Henri IV, Paris, 2002-2004
– Baccalauréat L, Mention Très Bien, Lycée Fénelon Sainte-Marie, Paris, 2001-2002
My Approach to Private Tuition
I have experience teaching French in schools in the UK, so I would make sure that our lessons keep the goal in sight – successfully passing your exams! However, to do so, I believe it is essential to build lessons that are really tailor-made to you, your interests and learning style. The opportunity to offer a high degree of personalization is what tutoring is all about! I am very interested in coaching and mentoring techniques, I have recently trained with UCL to mentor some of the students there, and that is something I would be keen to apply in our lessons.
My video Introduction
I have been described as a female Adam Sandler but that is not a quality I channel into my teaching unless absolutely needed!