In order to study in the US, you need a student visa. There are two types of USA student visas: F-1 or M-1. Here’s a diagram to show you the differences between the two. For two to four year undergraduate programs, you are not allowed to study on a B visa and will need to acquire either an F or M visa.

Visa Requirements