Here are the steps for securing your student visa in the USA:
1. Ensure that the school that you’ve applied for is a SEVP- certified school. You can check here: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search
2. When you’re accepted into your US institution, you will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) by your school
3. Pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee
4. Schedule an appointment for your visa interview. Interviews generally take place at the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Wait times for interviews vary by season, visa category and season, so make sure that you apply as early as possible.
5. Your institution will provide you with a Form I-20; fill this out and present it at your visa interview. Also, at the interview bring your passport, Form DS-160 confirmation page, application fee receipt, and a printed photo [check your consular’s office for specific dimensions]. An interview is typically required for those between the ages of 14-79 years old.
6. Pay the visa issuance fee
Check out the US Department of State’s website for more information on visas:https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html<